Your active holidays in the Alps
When you arrive at our 4-star hotel in Mayrhofen on your holidays in the Alps, you have to take full advantage of the diversity of the fascinating peaks and get to the bottom of the majestic Alps. The Hotel Neue Post, our hotel in Tyrol, is the ideal starting point for your active adventures. Whatever the season, one thing is certain: you will spend a fabulous Alpine holiday with us. A wide range of activities, culinary delights, and our exclusive Neue Post Spa make holidaymakers in Zillertal smile – no matter the age. Our extras for you on your holidays in Tyrol: a lockable bike and ski room, E-MTBs for hire, the Vital breakfast, the 5-course evening set menu, and much more!
Active holidays in the Alps during summer
Hiking holidays in the Alps: a dream come true. There are countless opportunities for leisurely walks, relaxed strolls, brisk Nordic walking, or high-Alpine mountaineering on over 1,400 km of marked trails in Zillertal. Perhaps you’d enjoy cycling holidays in the Alps? Then grab a mountain bike and start a discovery tour in the Tyrolean countryside! After an eventful day, you can look forward to a soothing massage in our Neue Post Spa, the weekly cake buffets, our wine tastings, and more ... Spend your holidays in the Alps with us. We’re waiting for you!
Summer mountain railways
- In addition to numerous hiking routes, the Penken action mountain offers paragliding starting places, a via ferrata, climbing routes, bike routes, fun in the Funballz or with the mountain scooter ...
- The Ahorn feel-good mountain offers pure nature: viewing platforms, a sensory trail, a mountain playground, the mountain lake, and the Adler stage with a bird of prey show.
Our tip? Use the 10 Zillertal summer mountain railways as a starting point for your hikes!
Skiing fun on your holidays in Tyrol
Once you have been to the Hintertux Glacier or the ski resorts in Zillertal, there is no alternative for you. Whether it’s the incredible 142 ski runs, the snow and fun parks, the steepest descent in Austria, or the spectacular views ... Discover these legendary ski areas on your holidays in the Alps and make your own impression while cross-country skiing, skiing, snowboarding, tobogganing, or winter hiking! We have put together attractive offers for your holidays in the Alps, which inspire passionate winter sports enthusiasts as well as those seeking peace and quiet. You’ll see: during your holidays in the Alps at our hotel in Tyrol there is something for everyone – no matter the age.
Fancy a change of pace?
- Planetarium Schwaz. Discover the fascination of the universe on your holidays in the Alps with a 100 m² star dome, full dome video, and telescope.
- Zillertal Railway. The 100-year-old Zillertal Railway is an extraordinary experience, which shows you the most beautiful sides of Zillertal.
- Swarovski Crystal Worlds. During their holidays in the Alps, children and parents are whisked away to a breath-taking world with a sparkling combination of fantasy and reality.
- ErlebnisSennerei Zillertal dairy experience. Parents with children, individuals, and groups are invited on their holidays in the Alps to experience the working day of an Alpine dairy in an entirely new and extraordinary way.
- Schwaz silver mine. Approx.800 metres deep in the mountain, an experienced mountain guide greets the visitors and accompanies them through the dense tunnel network on the trail of the courageous treasure hunters.
- Bergisel. The Olympic ski jump, which was renovated in 2002, and the Bergisel ski jumping of the International Four Hills Tournament have made the Bergisel a hotspot for tourists. In the 360° panoramic restaurant, you can marvel at the mountain world overlooking Innsbruck and its surroundings.
- FeuerWerk. The ‘HolzErlebnisWelt’ (world of wood), owned and run by a company called Binder Holz in Fügen at the entrance to Zillertal, is an example of crackling creativity. It’s a great tip for when the weather is bad and not only because there’s a lot of heat generated in this ultra-modern biomass heating plant.
- Innsbruck Alpine Zoo. From the Alpine chough bird to the dwarf mouse, everything of importance to the local fauna is romping around here. The brown bears and otters are particularly popular among the public.