Learn more about the long history of our Hotel Neue Post in Mayrhofen.
Today’s Hotel Neue Post was first documented in 1664, when it was still called “Glasnergut”. The hotel became a well-known holiday destination in the 19th century, when the Auersperg and Fürstenberg princes came to Zillertal for their annual autumn hunts and stayed there. In 1825, the Wildauer family bought the hotel and partly converted it into a post office. That explains the name Neue Post (new post). With the construction of the Zillertal Railway, the journey to Mayrhofen became more comfortable and summer tourism started to flourish. In 1954, when the Penkenbahn cable car was built, winter tourism also took off. Year after year, generation after generation, we have always tried to offer our guests a relaxing atmosphere where they can spend the holidays in the best way possible. We carry on the hotel’s tradition with passion and heart. Come visit our accommodation in Zillertal and enjoy our hospitality.